SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
david123_gw

Ventilation questions- KOBE? Others? Need advice....

david123
15 years ago

Hi-

One thing we will add to our kitchen makeover is adding adequate ventilation. Now we have an OTR microwave that recirculates (no venting to outside- ick). Our problem is that cabinet space is limited, and I hate to give up the cabinet over the range (but I will if necessary...). Plus, we have to vent back rather than from the ceiling because we have a 2 story house.

My appliance guy has been very helpful except for the vent system advice. We explained that we either have to bend the duct work at a pretty close angle, or it has to vent out the back of the unit. The only option he gave us venting out the back were fairly unattractive Broan's.

However, I saw on the kitchen blog site that someone used a Kobe vent and I looked it up and love it! It can vent out the back. I am wondering why my appliance guy did not mention it (like I said, so far he has been very helpful and clever).

Plus, it is a reasonable price compared with doing more custom cabinet work to cover a built-in hood (Not sure if I'm using the right terminology).

Any advice/opinions out there?

Have a great day!

Comments (2)