SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vlovil

Plywood vs engineered wood cabinet boxes

11 years ago

I've been busy getting some quotes from 4 different kitchen designers. All have the same basic layout with wall cabinets to the ceiling. I think I have narrowed down to 2. One is Debut Cabinetry and the other is Mid Continent. The Debut price is upgraded with 1/2" plywood construction. The Mid Continent is engineered wood. If I upgrade with them to plywood, it would only be 3/8". I picked these 2 because of the door styles and finishes. There is about a $3500 difference with Debut the lowest.

This is the higher quote with Mid Continent, $9534 installed. I really like this but I would need to shorten the sink wall side cabinets. It's a little to far into the dining room. Easy reach cabinets on wall and base corners, which I like.

{{!gwi}}

This is Debut Cabinetry, $6071 installed. I would like to lengthen the sink wall side by about 3" and also the bar by about 3". He has a 6" overhang on the end of the bar which I don't need. Lazy Susan in the base corners.

{{!gwi}}

I would appreciate feedback on these layouts and the plywood vs engineered wood.

Thank you for all your help so far.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Trish Takacs Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars36 Reviews
Award Winning & Highly Skilled Kitchen & Bath Designer in Columbus