SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
adh673

Legs legs legs

adh673
13 years ago

Need leg help! I have a center island planned and then a 36 inch range with bump out and a farm sink with bump out and hutch with bump out. I'm quite predictable I guess!

Anyway, my KD had legs on the island and at range bump out and then "columns" on sink and hutch bump out. I have two tasks- 1. decide on size of legs and 2. decide on style of column. In the showroom my DH pushed me to fluted b/c the plain ones were pretty small and thus plain looking. I decided not to do legs on hutch just diagonial filler panels becuase I thought were were getting very leggy.

Later, I realized that I tend to like LEGS by islands and not the smaller columns- what do you think? Are legs better or too much? I've put pix of legs, Shiloh (my brand) and others. And also pix of the Shiloh Columns, by the sink and other. http://s781.photobucket.com/albums/yy95/ah673/legs/

Now for the island, I usually like chunky legs, so I was thinking 5 inches. She had 4 inch originally. She and my DH seemed to want to match the legs to the range and island. Do we need to do that? Would it be weird to have smaller legs by range? Range legs will cover 6 inch pull out cabinets. Is it ok to mix leg sizes? Is 4 inch still too big by range or ok on 6 inch cabinet? I have some pictures of legs in the photo album too but I have not seen a pix of legs on both island and range (and now, possibly sink).

TIA!

Comments (8)