SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beastbaby

Craft Art vs. Smooth Talking Contractor? Can anyone advise?

BeastBaby
12 years ago

Here's the thing. I want a wood surface on my kitchen island. I have white/grey granite on my perimeter countertops which is all picked out and ready to go. My contractor who is doing most of the work for me insists that he 'has a guy' who can make my wood island countertop. It's someone he trusts, but he has no photos of other jobs this woodworker has done. I want something simple - no sink in the countertop and a standard plain edge is really what I am looking for.

I have read a lot on here about a company called 'Craft Art' who sells DIY wood countertops. The price is within $100 to get Craft Art DIY as it is using the contractors 'wood guy' friend. The difference is, the wood guys piece will come to me finished and the Craft Art DIY one won't come fully finished/oiled/whatever. Either way my contractor is going to do the install..

I'm not sure if I trust the 'wood guy' to be quality worker. I trust Craft Art quality based on you fabulous THS-ers but am a bit nervous about doing the finish myself.

Can anyone advise me?

Thanks in advance!

-nervous nelly/beastbaby

Here is a link that might be useful: Craft Art DIY - I want the black walnut edge grain.

Comments (11)