SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gena_hooper

pros and cons to wall-mount faucets

Gena Hooper
13 years ago

We'd planned for a regular deck-mount single-lever faucet. We got a fun surprise when demolition revealed the pipes for the wall-mounted original faucet. Although I'm not doing a period kitchen, seeing those pipes made me a bit nostalgic for restoring that part of the kitchen to what it had been.

Any general pros and cons to wall-mount faucets? There must a reason that people stopped using them. Are they just much less convenient? I've read the "Bad Feelings" thread, but would love to hear more.

I know one downside will be that they have two handles, not just one. But with bladed handles, one could still turn on the water with gunky hands, right? Also, the faucet pipes are only four inches above the counter and four inches below the window sill. I wonder if we'll constantly be rapping our knuckles against the wall or sill. It's on an outside wall in New England so a danger of freezing pipes?

Through searching GW, I found the Kohler Hi Rise wall-mount faucet with independent spray on the deck. Does anyone have this?

Comments (18)