SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
61tinkerbell

Question for Kitchen People - PIC's Included!

tinker_2006
13 years ago

I have posted on building a home forum regarding the floor plan for our house, but the one area that DH and I are in conflict - is the kitchen area.

DON'T look at the layout of the cabinets, as these are just stock plans, but rather look at where the kitchens are located within the plans.

PLAN 1) One has the kitchen sink on an outside wall.. but it is looking out at the long side of the garage and is tucked in.

The breakfast room on this has windows on the outside wall, plus will have french doors onto the porch.

PLAN 2) has the kitchen inside, but the breakfast room is bumped out and has many more windows.

I really just want the area to be bright with natural light. I was leaning to the one with the kitchen sink on the outside wall.. but worry about it looking at so much garage. DH doesn't like it at all. I really like plan 2 as well, but worry that it would be dark.. but maybe with such a bright breakfast room is would not be?

Thanks for looking and voicing your opinions.. it will help me in the direction I should go!

Plan 1)

{{!gwi}}From Drop Box

Plan 2)

{{gwi:1476002}}From

Comments (15)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH