SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
katymp_gw

Backsplash help needed for cherry shaker cabinets

KatyMP
12 years ago

Happy 4th of July to everyone. Thank you to everyone for your wonderful information on this website. This is my first post. We recently have installed Kemper cherry shaker cabinets - full overlay. Friday our granite - White Springs - was installed. We have a truffle blanco, cascade sink. We will be using stainless handles for the cabinets. All stainless appliances will go in next week- GE Cafe dual fuel range, french door fridge, Sharp MW drawer, and bosch DW (this will be paneled). We are going for a calm, tranquil more contemporary look and feel. I am really stuck on the backsplash. Have been looking at Sonoma Tile - subways - glossy trebeca bossy gray, and also Sonoma Stellar in smoke crackle (but this looks more taupe to me. I don't want to be too boring, but also am afraid with variation in the floor and the granite, I should keep the backsplash simple. Also would like to maybe consider some stainless tiles behind the stove, however not sure if with the floor and the granite, if I should just stay with something plain.

As I look at these pictues, though, I realize maybe I have too much gray....maybe the backsplash should be another color?

Here are the cabinets after the White springs granite was installed

A closer picture of the granite with the Blanco sink

and our floors are a gray/taupe porcelain

Here is the granite with our very small sample of Sonoma Tile, glossy in bossy gray.

Any and all help and suggestions are gratefully appreciated!

Here is a link that might be useful: Sonoma Tilemakers

Comments (9)