SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kats_meow

Kitchen plan feedback

kats_meow
12 years ago

I've previously received feedback on my kitchen plan and revised it. Since then we've changed our overall house plan although keeping the kitchen mostly similar. The main difference is now the pantry is part of the kitchen rather than being a separate room near the utility room.

This is the kitchen:

{{!gwi}}

This is the overall house:

{{gwi:1460690}}

Mostly I like the kitchen. The bar is counterheight. We do not usually have more than 1 person cooking. We do not usually do particularly complex cooking and don't entertain much except holidays sometimes. The kitchen and the bar are our only eating areas which is fine with us.

The cooktop will be induction. The oven will probably be a regular oven and an Advantium. We probably will put a second microwave in the pantry (making one wall of shelves deeper).

I basically like the kitchen layout but want any feedback of problems. I would like a larger pantry (I loved the separate very large pantry in the other house plan we had) but can't find a way to do anything else here without making the overall house much larger which we don't want to do. But if anyone has any ideas of how to do it that won't add a lot of space or change the openness of the kitchen to the family room, feel free to suggest.

Comments (7)