SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kobes51

Another Newbie would like kitchen layout feedback

badgergal
12 years ago

Not sure how or when I came upon this website but I have become addicted to it now that my DH and I are beginning the remodeling process. My current kitchen is a 23 year old, approximately 10 x 12 u-shaped space. The thing that I most dislike about my u-shaped kitchens is getting trapped in there if there are more than two people in it. The open end of the u does have a morning room attached to it that has east, west and south exposure windows. So the kitchen is light and bright. The nearby dining area has south facing patio doors. My wood floors are natural ash with a natural cherry accent in the center of the dining area and along the perimeter of the great room.. The wood work is a golden oak.

Here is the current kitchen:

{{!gwi}}

The morning room:

{{!gwi}}

and the dining area:

{{!gwi}}

So this is the current floor plan:

{{!gwi}}

and the proposed floor plan:

{{!gwi}}

The opening from my great room to the kitchen/dining area will be shifted slightly and reduced from 6'11'' to 5'. By doing this we can make the kitchen about 2'wider.

We are planning on natural cherry cabinets with shaker style full overlay doors and drawers. A paneled dishwasher will be to the right of the sink and a pull out trash will be to the left. Counter tops will be granite and sink will be a Blanco silgranit one. The island over hang should fit 2 stools. Cabinet hardware will be stainless steel or satin nickel.

We happen to know a very skilled Amish craftsman who will make the cabinets. He previously made laundry room cabinets for us and I have seen 2 kitchens he has done, one of which had radius cabinets like we have in our plan and angled cabinets for each side of the wall ovens. He has given us a preliminary estimate but he can not come and measure until mid Sept. so we have time to make changes if you see something that should be changed.

I would appreciate any feed back on the floor plan. I can post the various cabinet elevations if needed. Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals