SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
monicakm1

Maytag DW (warm control panel) OK?

monicakm_gw
15 years ago

My nine year old Maytag dishwasher is under recall for fire hazard due to the possibility of Jet Dry leaking on to the wiring. Tech came out to replace the door and wiring. After he left, I noticed that the control panel on the outside of the door was slightly warm (dishwasher door engaged but dw not running). It's never been warm the previous nine years when the dw isn't running. Called tech back to the house. He called Maytag who said it's normal. Tech said "I'd keep the door open when not using it, just to be safe" :o

The control panel on my KA range is slightly warm. Same on the GE microwave control panel. I understand the concept of why it would/could be and that it's normal. BUT, my concern is that for the first nine years of it's life, the control panel on the outside of the dw door was NOT warm to the touch when not running. The fact that it's now warm after replacing the door, THAT is what concerns me. New technician just left. Today was the third service call (different tech). He promises me it's normal. I just can't be so sure. Is the control panel on YOUR dw slightly warm (when not in use)?

Comments (2)