SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kclv

Experiences using stainless steel film for appliances

kclv
14 years ago

I would like to update my appliances, but it is not in my budget. They are only 7 years old, and still work well. I can afford a new fridge, and was thinking of trying the stainless film on my dishwasher and oven door.

Has anyone used these products? I would like to know how easy they are to use, and how the finished products look.

Right now my appliances are white, with a stainless hood over my cooktop. The cooktop looks fine, since the grates are charcoal gray, which tones down the white. I also switched out the knobs to gray ones.

I have a microwave over my wall oven, and I intend to spray paint the trim kit with stainless paint. The microwave door is mostly glass anyhow, and the white would blend in with the control panel and handle on the oven. I don't have to totally eliminate all traces of white, just break up the larger sections. The touchpad controls on the appliances are gray, which would, I think , look good with stainless doors.

If anyone has tried this film, and has pictures of the finished product I would appreciate seeing the results.

Thanks.

Comments (9)