SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
modgirl_gw

New here - Please help me with a farm sink/counter issue!

modgirl
13 years ago

Hi everyone. I have been reading your posts for months and they have inspired & helped me beyond words!

Now I desperately need some help and advice.

I have installed a farm/ apront front Shaw's 30" sink on my new Java colored shaker style cabinets. I selected Caesarstone Blizzard (nearly white) quartz countertops and found a company who would do a 2" thick edge.

The edge is done by mitering the front and the top together at the corner where they meet - some other places said they would laminate a 1-1/4" piece to a 3/4" but you would see a seam running long the front.

Now my sink is installed and they come to template only to tell me that I have 2 options:

Have the 2" thick counter all around my sink and choose the reveal I want. But they cannot do a radius edge at the back so it will be a hard 90 angle edge. If I have the reveal where I can see the top of the sink, that seems okay but they warn that over time the caulking/ silicone - even if it's clear - can become grimy and black. I'm talking years down the road. However, if I choose the slight overhang, because of the curve of the sink, I'll end up with a 1/2" overhang of the counter at the back and sides and I just feel like it will look like a mistake.

So, my question is: has anyone heard this concern about the caulking on this type of reveal?

And to make matters worse, if only they had looked at my plans more carefully in the beginning, I could have had my sink installed 3/4" higher and I could have had the 2" edge along the front but an 1-1/4" all around the sink - with the radius edge - and it would have looked great. But since my sink cabinet has been cut, we can't figure out a way to raise the sink and not have it look like an afterthought patch job.

UGH!!!!! You all seem like you have amazing ideas. Anyone?????

Thanks so much!

Shelley

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida