SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
johnatemp

Desperate help....for kit/hearth room!!

johnatemp
15 years ago

I have got to tell you how sad it is to look thru my Photobucket account - talk about an indecisive person!!

The slipcover lady is coming next week to work on some projects for me - yay - so I am making progress.

This room has been a real booger for me b/c of door placement & fireplace placement.

This is the end of the room - french doors to pool(used alot)

{{!gwi}}

Have tried this arrangement if I were to change door swings....

{{!gwi}}

Here it is another way - you can see the table

{{!gwi}}

And here is the other end...drapes are GONE- all window treatments gone!! Couldn't stand them - just not me....green piece will be glazed.

I am lost - have no ideas what so ever or maybe too many but don't know the right thing!!

I do plan on installing wainscotting in here to give it some more detail.

Thoughts....

Change door swing

Center fireplace on the wall with built-ins but both of these options are probably more than I want to spend!! Plus, it would involve the HW floors...Can they move boards & not have to refinish everything?

Since my kitchen opens to my DR - forget about having a table and put 4 chairs where table is or loveseat & 2 chairs on swivel. DH, DS & I could eat in there when it is just us....but we entertain quite a bit & DR table only seats 6!!

I also am really being drawn towards a brown toile for wallpaper above wainscotting??? Not sure where that one is coming from!!

As you can tell I am a rambling mess.....

I can take updated pics if it helps to visualize.

Smiles:)

Comments (19)