SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kristen_hallock

Need advice about cabinet misorder

Kristen Hallock
10 years ago

So we've been without a kitchen now since early April. We are finally at a point to start installing cabinets.

We've realized that the kitchen designer at Lowes did not order flush plywood sides for the cabinets that would have sides showing where molding would be wrapping around the top of the cabinet (at the ceiling). I'm kind of ticked because I paid for the plywood upgrade and now I need to buy skins (veneer panels) to put on the sides of all of these cabinets just so that the crown molding can sit flush against the sides of the cabinet.

Whose fault do you think this is? I think its the KD's fault since he knew I was installing molding since he ordered that for me, and he knew there was an option to upgrade to a flush side, but didnt tell me that was pretty much required in order to install the molding correctly.

At most I am out the money to order 5 39" tall 12" deep veneer skins, 1 skin for a 39" tall 18" deep cabinet, and then the skin for the side of my 24" deep 93" tall pantry cabinet. Do you think Lowes should pay for these? Or is it my fault. I designed the kitchen (with help from here) but I had no idea that I should ask for flush plywood sides.

Thanks!

Comments (13)