SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jgs7691

More Backsplash help, please!!

jgs7691
12 years ago

The very LAST decision standing between me and a finished kitchen = backsplash!! (I know, shocking when you look at the list of Forum posts fretting over the same issue. Raising fist of solidarity to those others at this stage.)

Anyway, I had been thinking about a plain cream subway tile with a celtic knot listello, but I was having second thoughts after seeing it "in real life" -- the listello is prominent, and the listello plus matching subway is pricey, and I am concerned that a gloss subway would be too reflective/shiny when paired with our somewhat shiny quartz counter.

We've looked at a few other options which I would like to share for commentary. Of course, I remain open to suggestions if you think there is something great that I haven't considered:

Here's the kitchen

{{!gwi}}

Close-up{{!gwi}}

Here are some options:

1- Polished fiorito marble subways 2x8 with glass/stone linear accent -- also showing our Zodiaq countertop (is this combo too reflective/formal?)

{{!gwi}}

2- Ceramic Crema Marfil look-alike subways (ignore the sparkle on one of the tiles -- that's a camera thing)

{{!gwi}}

3- Still thinking about crackle subways (not with these glass tiles interspersed)

{{!gwi}}

4-Calacatta marble look-alike ceramic -- This is wilder than I thought I would go, but I love how the gray and warm cream veining complements the counter

{{!gwi}}

The color in this pic isn't as true to life but it shows more of the tile pattern

{{!gwi}}

Opinions, thoughts, wine? Thanks!

Comments (20)