SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
deedles_gw

Appliance connection problem... anyone dealt with them?

deedles
10 years ago

Ordered a Tradewind hood insert from AC 4 days ago. 2 Days ago DH took down the ceiling and discovered not enough headroom for the 10" vent so figured we'd stop the order and order the smaller vented model. Called and placed the new order and cancelled the 4 day old one.

Got a call back from George who told me it's a special order and cannot be cancelled. No where on the page for the insert does it say special order nor does it say special order when you place it in the cart. He says I was informed this was a special order when they sent me the CC verification email. Really don't remember seeing that but now the link in the email to the CC verification doesn't work as I've already completed the verification.

My estimated delivery date is August 30th. I said "George, no way is this thing in production already... can't you please stop that order and substitute this other one for us?" Nope. Too bad for you, you were informed of this says George.

Um. What to do? Called Trade Wind and they said this is an AC policy, they have nothing to do with it on their end.

Anyone have any ideas or experience dealing with Appliance Connection?

I could stop payment through the CC and order directly from Tradewind?

Will x post to appliances, too.

Here is a link that might be useful: hood insert--don't see 'special order' anywhere.

Comments (13)