SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

XPost:Clearance Needed for Kenmore Microwave Pizza Oven Combo

beekeeperswife
14 years ago

Hello everybody,

I have this posted on the appliance forum...but no one has responded.

Sunday we went to the Friends & Family sale at Sears. The last appliance we needed was a microwave for our renovation. We have a 24" base cabinet that is going to hold it. The front opening is 21" wide, and the height is 16". I really wanted to find a microwave that would fill this space. We found the Pizza Oven Microwave combo last night. I had read very postive reviews about it. We told the sales woman our dimensions, she said it would be no problem you only need an inch for air to circulate. So we bought it. Once home, I opened the box to check the "clearance" that was needed. Manufacturer recommends 4" on each side. Geez.

Anybody have this and is it in a cabinet? What do you think? Return it? We did try to do so Sunday night, but the Sears store we went to, which was closer to our home, didn't carry it and couldn't take it back. By that time, it was too late to go to the store where we purchased it.

Any advice is helpful. We don't want to burn down the house. But I have to say, I really would love to keep this.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Oven in Question

Comments (2)