SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sconde_gw

leathered granite-bakers and experienced cooks opinion please!!!!

sconde
13 years ago

Hello all!

I am an obsessive lurker and desperately need some help in solving my question.

I am building a home and will have white/creamish shaker type cabinets. Will be doing black countertops and originally liked verde butterfly but recently became in love with leathered finished on black granite and would prefer the matte look.

My question is that I cook and bake ALOT! This kitchen will be utilized everyday and I make alot of food from everyday meals to bread, pizza dough and was wondering how the leathered finish would hold up?

Will the dough get stuck in the leathered finish(some say there is little pits)??? Is clean up hard or is it hard to maintain? I also like soapstone but am afraid as I am not the neatest sometimes that it will get ruined as is my concern with gettting it honed.

Any help greatly appreciated! I hope to actually go to a granit yard in the next couple of weeks. We actually have 6 mth old twins and a 4 year old so getting out of the house is really difficult alone as my husband is the one building the home! I have chosen 95% of my stuff from the internet.

Any help greatly appreciated and honest opinions welcomed. As mentioned I so love to cook so the kitchen will be the central place and I want my choices to be as maintence less free as can be.

Thanks so much!

Stephanie from Massachusetts

Comments (13)