SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ootm_mom

Opinions please, I'm second guessing my colors

OOTM_Mom
10 years ago

Hello All,
I am feeling uncertain about my color choices in my kitchen remodel. I did interview two designers when this all started but didnt feel I really gelled with either so have gone it alone. A dishwasher leak has thrust me into a remodel. (Cabinets were the absolute cheapest, drawer fronts coming off, particle board splintering, etc, so it was time to make a switch while we would be replacing floors.)

My floors were just put back (mostly) today! Yay! Less subfloor to stub toes on!! Stain and finishing for the whole first floor starts a week from friday. Then cabinets right after. This has me excited, and daunted that I may have a mish mash of colors and styles that will end up looking awful!

Here is a list of what is planned, and I'll post picts afterwards. I know colors don't show so true, but hopefully it will be enough. The only pict I dont have is of the flooring.

Floor, oak, stained provencal (a medium brown, trying to not be red or yellow) they will be lighter than cabinet doors for sure
Cabinets, cherry, chocolate glaze. (Trying to knock down the red) Doors have more detail than shaker, but similar with no raised panel.
Counters- Leaning towards "Fantasy Brown" quartzite, leathered finish. I posted a pictof a gorgeous onyx recently, but decided that was a little nuts, this is a 8-10 year house, not our forever house, and decided I didnt want to spend that much money on our counters.
Appliances SS, except for range, Lacanche Volnay in Faience or ivory, leaning towards faience (a light grey) and nickel knobs
Faucets Karbon Kohler in polished chrome.
Backsplash TBD, thinking very light whitish greyish bluish something (thats helpful isnt it?)
Main Sink Kohler whitehaven, cane sugar (apron undermount)
Prep sink, SS undermount
Cabinet hardware TBD, thinking all pulls, brushed nickel

My concerns:
Karbon faucets are so "modern" apron sink is not.
Will I really like a leathered counter long term.
Will the colors work together, cane sugar sink and quartzite fantasy brown
Ok some pictures
First, slab with cabinet color. The light grey square is the Faience color, the other is the ivory (potential range colors)

Comments (35)