SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennlee2

Sink configurations - which one? Silgranit?

jennlee2
9 years ago

Hi! We're working on a kitchen remodel and it seems like every decision is so difficult for me!

Our kitchen designer is recommending a Silgranit sink and I've heard a lot of good things about them, and some bad, but I think I may be going with the Silgranit.

Then the choice of configurations. Currently we have a 50/50 2-bowl sink. I've always had this configuration of sink in every home I've had.

While we do have a dishwasher, I still wash some things by hand, and of course pots and things like that that don't fit too well in the dishwasher. Currently I use a dish drainer in one side of the sink, because while I don't mind washing a few dishes, I generally hate to dry them!

I also use that drainer to put plastic ware in to dry after it goes through the dishwasher (it never dries in there).

So I tend to think I will still want to be able to have a dish drainer in the sink. I don't like the idea of a dish drainer on the counter - either all the time, or trying to store it between uses. So it seems pretty clear I should do the 50/50, right?

But I see people posting about loving a single sink, or a small/large sink setup, or low divides. (The 50/50 sink divide is pretty high) and I wonder if I had another kind if I'd like it, and is it just because I've never had anything else that I feel like I have to stay the same?

And I'm also intrigued by a possible low divide and that only comes in a 1-3/4 configuration. The equal bowl divide is the traditional high divide.

Those with single or mixed size bowls, do you hand dry everything you hand wash? Do you have a drainer out on the counter? What do you do?

Any suggestions or things I should think about when making this decision?

An then I still don't know about the color, lol. Another decision!!!

Comments (18)