SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
reneestauffer

mixing up cabinet styles/colors?

9 years ago

We will be doing a kitchen remodel this fall. We have a 150 year old farmhouse. I'd call my style farmhouse flea market eclectic. :) Basically, when the place is finished, I don't want it to look like an updated farmhouse with a brand new kitchen. I'm going with no toe kicks, and inset doors/drawers to mimic older style cabinets. I'd like to somehow mix up the styles or colors too, but am more unsure about doing this and getting it to look mismatched but still be a cohesive design. I'd like to go w/ quartersawn oak in a very plain shaker type style for some of the cabinets, and painted maple for some others. The kitchen is an L shape, but the door to the pantry will be in the corner of the bottom of the L. Should I make the cabinets on the small wall a different color, or should I do tops painted and bottoms wood? Or something else? There will be no island because the main thing I hate about our current kitchen is the island. The floors are wide pine plank. There will be some sort of table, and the wall opposite the long side of the L will have 2 large windows and a window seat with storage, and probably floor to ceiling bookshelves on one side.

I would love some ideas!

This post was edited by lydiasmomma on Tue, Jul 22, 14 at 7:37

Comment (1)