SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charlikin

I ordered cabinets!!!

charlikin
15 years ago

Wow - that was *way* harder than I thought it was gonna be. In the beginning (back when I was young and naive), I thought I would just pick whatever color was one shade darker than natural maple and be done with it. Unfortunately, I didn't like that shade, and thus began a quest for the perfect cabinet color. Still not sure I got it right - it's quite a lot darker than what I was originally envisioning!!! But it's the color I'm always drawn to when I walk into Home Depot, that always feels like "my" kitchen.

So there we are. Kraftmaid Ginger Glaze, wide Shaker doors. (At least the doorstyle was easy!) Looks *gorgeous* with the Zodiaq Smokey Topaz (dark brown) countertop. (Ordered that too!) Oh, and the 24" vs. 18" dishwasher issue was resolved in favor of the 18" (for anyone who was keeping score).

Will be hitting everyone up for backsplash suggestions soon. :-)

(Uh, just as soon as I get over my anxiety attacks over having actually ordered the cabinets! Does *everyone* worry that they'll hate their cabinets once they're actually installed, or is it just me???)

THANK YOU to everyone here who has been so helpful and supportive and wonderful!! I don't know how people do their kitchens without this forum... I really don't.

Comments (20)