SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
se_me

Final decision. Integrated fridge flush with counter or cab?

se_me
11 years ago

Finally, 4 weeks after getting what I thought was a final quote on our cabinets, all back and forth questions are finally resolved and we are ready to sign off on the custom order. Just one last decision....alignment of our SZ 700 integrated fridge and freezer.

I was planning to have all cabinets flush, with counter overhanging the fridge. But the cabinet maker recommended making the appliance box 26" deep instead of 25" for ease of installation and "just in case." No KD involved and GC doesn't install these all that often (scary, I know).

I really hate to lose that extra inch in my range / island aisle, so I'm thinking about having base cabinets only pulled 1/2" from wall and the counter edge flush with the fridge edge. While I prefer cabinets flush, I think cali_wendy's looks nice in the link below.

So now the questions....

*Will I really miss 1 inch? Aisle is 42" wide as planned

*Do I really need that "just in case" inch on Fridge box? DH called SubZero, they said specs are designed for 25" depth including the panel.

*Can I have the counter edge flush with fridge if I use an ogee edge? I suspect the reason cali_wendy's looks nice is because of her square counters.

Any other pictures of counter / cabinet relation to integrated fridges, especially decorative edge finishes??

Thank you!

Here is a link that might be useful: Thread on Integrated Fridges

Comments (7)