SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shoregirl_veggie

Penninsula counter depth--what would you do?

shoregirl_veggie
14 years ago

Hi All,

Once again, I need your help. DH met with the granite templater today. He called me on my cell phone to verify the depth.

The height is about 43". I told him that it needed to be 12" deep (Thanks, Buehl).

The good news is that the granite guy confirmed that the corbels I stained and finished will be more than sufficient. Ok, I can stop worrying about that.

The bad news is that they decided to make the penninsula top only 10.5" deep for aesthetics. There's a small wall bump-out that DH wanted the granite to wrap around. There's also a light switch in the way of the full 12".

I'm sure we have time to change this. I doubt they went back to the shop and immediately cut this piece. But, of course, if we change it now, they'll need to come back and re-template, throwing off our schedule.

DH is GC-ing the project and is getting cranky. He doesn't want to change this.

Is it that bad? I just tried to put a heating filter on the bar to try it out (yeah, I know, but it's all I could find). 1.5" doesn't seem to make a difference to me. Then again, I'm 5'2" with legs that are short, even for my body.

Since the height is a little higher than the standard 42", do we get a break on the depth?

What should I do?

Thank you!!!

Comments (13)