SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crzyktchnlady

Help! Help! Im addicted to GW!!! Is there a 12-step program?

crzyktchnlady
14 years ago

It started out innocently enough. I began planning my K/B remodel late last summer and was looking for reviews of appliances  at least I think thatÂs what it was. Then I found my first GW post. Soon enough, anytime I Googled a home remodeling topic, up popped GW. Then I realized I could go directly there and all these great people were helping each other remodel their kitchens. And the pictures!! OMG! Now I canÂt stop  hours every day. First thing in the am, before my coffee even. I know itÂs early, but hey, IÂm on the west coast  you east coasters have had three whole hours to be posting! I sneak peeks during lunch hour at work (OK, sometimes when itÂs not lunch hour). I have no life. Even my cat is mad at me. "Why donÂt you pay more attention to ME?" she meows. And the late nights! You should just see my sleepless red eyes. (Oh lord, it was quite late the night I found the widget thread; I had not laughed so hard in years  tears streaming down my face, ROTFLMAO!)

Well, I know the first step is to acknowledge you are powerless, so I do and I am going to stop lurking. Anyway, my project  K, B, laundry and powder  is about to start. (The worst is yet to come, right?) I mean, how long can I go on planning? Last week, I woke one day with this horrible thought that I was doing it all wrong. My layout is no good  thatÂs not where the frig should go!! And why am I getting white cabs? What about a nice light wood? Then I saw this fab modern kitchen in a design mag. Oh no, I thought, my plan is too traditional! Is it too late to change? Help, oh help, does everyone go through this??

IÂm going to post some questions so I can get all your input on what I have already picked and tear my hair out some more when you all tell me I picked wrong. I already asked my BFF for her opinion on two things and then I rejected what she said both times. So, of course I have waited until now to join GW, so I donÂt really have to do what anyone else tells me I should do because I know I stubbornly want to make my own mistakes. (IÂm scared to tell the painter I plan to paint the kitchen purple. I know heÂll think IÂm nuts. My GC already thinks IÂm nuts for several reasons.) IÂve had to be my own designer because I have scared away several KDs when I say things like "No, I really donÂt want to take down the wall between the kitchen and dining room and open up the space." I mean, their eyes roll. Some of you too  your eyes are already rolling, right? OK, IÂll explain in the next post.

I feel a little better already. And maybe a teensy glass of wine will help. Sorry I babbled on.

Comments (16)