SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jen2004_gw

White kitchen cabinets with stained trim

jen2004
11 years ago

Hello -- I've spent hours reading old posts and though this subject has come up several times I haven't seen many photos.

We are building a new house and I'm agonizing over cabinets and woodwork. I have finally decided I want to go over stained trim/doors. But ... I desperately want a white kitchen. I think white kitchen cabinets look fine with stained trim -- but with our floorplan it may look a little awkward. The majority of our cabinets are going to be on one wall. In the corner will be a pantry, accessed by a standard door. On the other side of the pantry will be the fridge, which will have a cabinet above it and a panel on the side of it.

So, if we have white cabinets, the flow will be "interrupted" by the pantry door (we will be doing a somewhat dark stain). Because the cabinetry on the other side is minimal (over fridge and fridge panel) I'm afraid this may look weird.

Couple thoughts I had:

- Paint the pantry door and the trim around it white

- Eliminate the cabinet over fridge and fridge panel and do a framed-in drywalled niche instead for the fridge

Any thoughts? I personally really dislike the mix of white and wood when they're very close (i.e. stained doors and white trim or vice versa). I thought the white cabinets would be okay because I initially thought the only interaction with the trim would be the baseboard, but I had forgotten about that darn pantry door.

Thanks for any input!

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH