ayerg73_gw

Tweaking the floorplan - looking for some fresh eyes

ayerg73
12 years ago

With a lot of help on this forum, we have taken our kitchen from this:

our current kitchen

To this:

the latest plan in the works

I have had a few people suggest that I would not want the sink in the island or that the clearance around the island may not be enough.

I have some of the same concerns, but I don't know how to fix the issues. If anyone has ideas of how to improve the space, please throw them out. As it is, we are pretty much moving everything in the kitchen, so no idea is too crazy!

Up until today, we were set on having seating on the island. After some recent posts on here, I'm concerned about the proximity of the seats to the sink (which will be a large, farmhouse, soapstone sink) and the clearance around the chairs. As it is, I think we can really only do a 3 foot wide island, so the seating overhang would only be 12 inches. Although my KP keeps telling me that it will work, my gut tells me it won't.

I hope everything is pretty self explanatory. The broom closet is actually going to be 12" deep, but we are recessing it into that wall, so it will only come 8" into the room.

Here's a blank slate of the room for anyone that would like to scratch my plans and start new! :)

blank slate based on the door opening we currently have:

Sorry that every floorplan seems to have a different orientation...

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!