SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
llhilly

Help! Cabs installed, entry too narrow? Opinions, please

pudgybaby
13 years ago

My GC finished installing my cabinets today (except for some trim and crown molding). I love them, but I am concerned that in my effort to maximize storage I made the entry into the kitchen too narrow. It is the main entry, although there is another from the dining room. The opening measures 38.5 inches now, from the drawer fronts to the front of the panel on the end of the peninsula and 40.25 inches from the cabinet edges. So, I think the final opening will be about 37 inches after granite. Is this too narrow? Here is a pic and my layout. The eating area is to the left of the opening on the layout, and the family room to the left of that. I think I can gain 2 or 3 inches without too much trouble, but I'm not sure of the cost - I will call my cabinet maker in the morning. I could change out my 27" bank of drawers for something smaller, although this would probably cost a lot.

My DH and I tried this out: one person leaning on the end of the peninsula, the other can walk through, but there's not a lot of room.

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

This is the old kitchen. There was a desk to the right of the opening that was about 21" deep, and open on the bottom.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths