SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sivyaleah

How's Your Ceaserstone Holding Up?

Laurie
13 years ago

After considering several counter materials, some of which do not seem appropriate to my 1915 Craftsman home, I am down to two choices. Either Ceaserstone in a color which resembles soapstone or one which resembles limestone; or going with Wilsonart in a color which resembles soapstone.

The Wilsonart will save me a ton of money which is a major consideration at the moment as my costs have skyrocketed beyond imagination. But I am concerned about not being able to place hot objects on it - I'm not the most careful cook in the world.

The Ceaserstone? I never thought I would consider this at all, and the price is up there, however, it does look "correct" for the period. It's not shiny, seems like it will stand up well to a myriad of kitchen disasters and I'm thinking I should just bite the bullet and go for it.

However, I don't know anyone personally who has ever used this. And, I'm considering the honed surface which voids their warranty. The KD says they have sold a lot of the honed and has had no complaints at all about it's performance, but I'd rather hear from some of you here as to how it's holding up in your kitchens.

I'm mostly interested in whether or not it really does not stain or scratch. The staining is my biggest worry as my partner is very sloppy in the kitchen, and has a terrible habit of leaving things like spoons which have been stirred in sugar laden coffee on the counters. Please don't tell me to tell him to stop - I've tried lol. He seems to have some kind of short in his brain :P

Comments (7)