SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
slush1422

Fabricator found our Moon Night slabs-even better

slush1422
12 years ago

So you guys can all say "I told you so" to me!

Our fabricator called today and after many calls and driving all over the place, he found our slabs! A place only 30 mins away from us had several slabs of Moon Night. Bad news was they are going to cost us $380 more, which I thought might happen. But the good news is that when I went to look at them, you could tell they were much better quality, and the rep said they also had them honed. I was so excited, because I originally wanted them honed but just couldn't find them already done. The best part - well there are two (is that better and best?)...one is the rep told me that our fabricator told him our story and he felt bad so was giving us a deal, and only going to charge us $20 extra for the honed. The second is that our fabricator felt so bad for what happened, that he offered to do a vanity in our guest bathroom for FREE!!!

So here are the polished slabs:

From Moon Night Granite

And the honed (not the best shot with my cell phone): You should have seen me rubbing the honed, I think the rep was waiting for me to lay my face on it haha - it was SO soft - I can't wait to have it in my kitchen.

From Moon Night Granite

I feel so much better too because they had several slabs instead of just two like the last place.

We are a little nervous about getting honed as far as staining, especially because some people say they have no problems, and others have issues but it's my kitchen! Not an operating room so I'll just have to be okay with whatever comes with the beauty that will be my countertops.

Drywall went up today, and flooring is tomorrow and Saturday. FINALLY some progress.

Comments (28)