SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chloenkitty_gw

Countertop for new build

chloenkitty
9 years ago

I've been going through the grueling task of picking a countertop for our new build. Cabinetry is white, backsplash is a very pale blue glass. I wanted marble so bad as I love the look of polished white countertops, but know the neat freak in me will not be able to handle all the issues that comes with marble. I was hoping to find a white quartzite that resembles marble, but now I am reading that quartzite also etches and scratches. I am at a loss. I want something shiney, white, clean and crisp looking, but not solid white. Quartz is a great material, but the colors I've looked into (cambria torquay, silestone Lyra and lagoon) are just too uniform and fake looking. I just don't know what to get. There are no granites, even with the name white in them that are really white. So is it true quartzite will etch and scratch too? If that's the case, maybe I should just get the look I want and get marble. Frustrated and open to suggestions for something crisp and mostly white, not busy. Thank you

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville