SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cakelly1226

Grout Stain issues continue:(

cakelly1226
11 years ago

So my messed up, crappy tile store FINALLY got the grout stain to fix my discolored grout and my contractor sent the tile guy with our favorite sub to fix it. I knew it wasn't good when I got an email from him saying we needed to meet. It took over 3 coats of this product to get passable results. And that small section took over an hour. The tile guy said it was the worst product he had seen and that for $7 at home depot he could do better. My sub confided that our main contractor is very upset with the tile store as well and that their service had gotten really bad. The main contractor is in Mexico so my sub and I decided we will wait for him to see what to do next. Pretty much, we may have to force the tile store to reinstall new grout at their cost. Thankfully my contractor, sub and tile layer are totally on my side and will try another product first but only if I am completely happy.

I am so angry with this tile store that I can't see straight. My contractor has a bit of a temper so they are pretty lucky he is away right now.

Comments (3)