SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
remodelfla

Down to the wire... please help finalize IKEA layout details

remodelfla
13 years ago

Can't believe I'm saying this but our floor goes in next week which means, we should be able to get/start cabinets within 2 weeks. I have one tight corner between the frig and pathway to exterior door, ovens, and laundry/pantry. I don't want to give up too much storage so I'm considering a 12" drawer and then reducing to an 12"deep x18" base on the end. With powerpoint I can't do EXACT measurements. It shows a 36" aisle but it's actually closer to 32". 99.9% of the time, the only person using that area will be me... except for frig access. I'm kinda small so I'm not too worried about it but want to make sure I'm OK and not just seeing what I hope to see. Orginally we were going to do some kind of angled cab thing but I really rather have the storage. There will still be about 10" between the end of the run and the doorway which should prevent any hip banging when coming through the door with packages. I also posted in red where I anticipate putting things. Not worried about food storage or large weird things I only use once a year. The pantry will have plenty of shelving.

OH... also ... I'm kinda upper illiterate. Will a 36" upper to the right (there is 39" between the end of the window and the corner" and a 39" upper to the left be OK? I'm planning to put the coffee maker in the corner and coffee stuff in the 36" upper on the right.

Lasty, I plan on some stainless steel shelving above the bakers table where I have about 30" of wall space (about half the length of the table). I plan on some nice canisters with baking goods and nice bowls up there.

Do I have it ENOUGH to go FINALLY order this stuff? Is there something I'm not seeing?

After 3 years we're actually getting there. Couldn't have done it without you guys.

Comments (32)