SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sayde_gw

Please show me your pictures of floors with small tiles

sayde
13 years ago

My house is a 1927 tudor revival. We are restoring the original gumwood cabinets that include two large zinc paned glass cupboards. I love the classic white/black kitchen, but my house and kitchen cabinets said "no! I am a tudor revival with vaguely arts & craft leanings, and you will respect that!" And so, I must. This is not a "preservation quality house" but it does have a personality, and if I choose something out of character for the genre or period it's just not going to look right.

So, rather than the pretty sort of provence stone floor I thought I would do, I am now leaning toward a more turn-of-the-century A&C kind of thing made up of small square quarries --like, 4x4 and/or 3x3 in three shades of beige, mocha and brown, with may-be a few celtic art tiles thrown in. I admit I got the idea from a beautiful restored tudor (same architect did both that one and mine) that I was a host in at a landmark tour last week. And, this new idea is consistent with tiles in our sun room.

But I'm nervous -- I see mostly wood floors, lots of stone, but clearly, this is not the heyday of my kind of house or kitchen. I've got a few pics -- bungalow kitchen, that kind of thing, but I need to see more! If you have any images or have this kind of vibe going in your house, would love to see.

Comment