SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tatter_gw

Attn soapstone enthusiasts -- time for a group hug!

tatter
13 years ago

Alright -- I just want to be the first to start a BIG GROUP HUG for Florida Joshua! For years now he has been offering his knowledge and expertise here (and elsewhere), helping us all to learn about soapstone and how to do it right. He is a true artist/craftsman of the material and the whole soapstone industry is enhanced because of him. Although I live 3000 miles from him (and so can't hire him to install my counter tops... *sniff*..) he has answered my emails and even talked with me on the phone, all to help me with a project that he gets no financial gain from.

I checked out his website the other day and see that his company believes in giving back to the community and helping out those in need. IMPRESSIVE! This guy is the real deal -- not just a consummate craftsman, but an all-around GOOD PERSON!

I, for one, plan to "give back" myself and will be sending Joshua a little something to thank him for his help on my project, even though he didn't ask for it (and will probably be mortified that I'm even posting this -- LOL). Nobody else has to do this, and I'm not asking anyone to. But I believe in supporting those causes (and people) that make the world a better place, in whatever capacity that is.

But at the very least, I think we can all chime in with a big THANK YOU for someone who has selflessly helped us all out :)

(by the way -- my soapstone slabs will be installed in the next week or two. I'll definitely be posting the finished pictures!)

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Buckeye Basements, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars31 Reviews
Central Ohio's Basement Finishing ExpertsBest Of Houzz '13-'21