SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
purrparlor

Small kitchen layout - final version

annkathryn
11 years ago

I tried updating my original thread with the final layout, but it's not appearing on page 1 for some reason. Linked below is the original thread.

This is a remodel of a 1949 house. We're bumping the current kitchen out three feet towards the back yard. The new kitchen will be approximately 14'x11'.

It's been helpful to read various threads over the past few months as I've incorporated lots of ideas for the appliances/lights/counters in my plan. For example, there was a thread about Bosch dishwashers a while ago that noted that they were narrower than the standard 24" which was useful for planning purposes.

I'm still lusting over Fusion quartzite although I might go with a subtle Calacatta Oro instead for the island. Perimeter counters will be Caesarstone Blizzard. I'm thinking of having a walnut counter under the microwave next to the fridge since that's the likely sandwich-making spot for my boys.

The fridge wall cabinets are not to scale. The lower cabinets on the fridge wall will be 18", and the fridge will be recessed 6" into the back wall.

Cabinets will be Ikea with custom walnut doors on the sink/stove wall, and Ikea Abstrakt high gloss white by the fridge. The island will be 2 custom Sherr's cabinets in walnut.

Here is a link that might be useful: Original post

Comments (8)