SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patti55

Miele Induction Cooktop 30' or 36'

patti55
13 years ago

I am struggling between these choices. The 4 hobs on the 30" top are: 6-5/16",7-7/8", 7-7/8" and 11". The 5 hobs on the 36" top are: 6-5/16", 6-5/16", 9", 9" and 11".

I drew a 7-7/8" and 9" circle to see if subjectively it made a difference, and I must admit, it kinda did.

I have read that it is not good to put a larger pan on a smaller hob, so is it ok to put a smaller pan on a larger hob?

The extra cost is not really a factor. The concern is that I only have a 30" cabinet below, and the 36" may cut into 2 drawers. The product info says it is 1-3/4 deep, but the Miele at the store appeared to be 2-1/2" under the counter. If it is really 2-1/2" deep, it MAY cut into the drawers. Since we have to run more power to the 30" cooktop, it shouldn't be anymore of a hassle to do 50 amps vs 40 amps right?

Also, the kitchen counter is 9 feet long. Will it look out of balance to have a 3 foot long cooktop (compared to 2-1/2 foot)??

I don't want to be "swept away" by the allure of "bigger is better"....but the 36" sure looked sleek and sexy in the showroom, and there was not a 30" for comparison.

Does anyone out there know what I am going through???

Thanks all!

Comments (5)