SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bahacca_gw

Backsplash for Fusion Quartzite

bahacca
11 years ago

For those following my saga, DH agreed to the Fusion, so I put money down on it today(no way he can go back on the deal now!)

The kicker is I haven't seen the stone. I'm taking a HUGE gamble that it will be as beautiful as all of the other slabs I have seen around here. If not, back to the drawing board. Let's all hope that isn't the case.

So-ALL of the slabs I've seen, dark and light have a grey-blue, gold and a green undercast that is irridescent. Because of all of the movement in the stone, I know I need something very simple. I think something like arctic white will just be too harsh. I went to Daltile and got small samples of their "Reflections in Glass" and took them to the remnant I have on hold. The one that looked really nice was the really pale green one called Whisper Green. I'm a bit concerned though that once all of the tiles are up, it will be TOO green. Can grout selection help tone down the color? What about layout of the tile? I think staggard will be too busy but I'm not sure evenly stacked will look all that great. I plan to do 3x6 subway, but they come in a TON of sizes. Would a larger tile read with more or less color? Keep in mind they are glass tiles. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments (17)