SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathec_gw

Should I get a 2nd oven if I own a Chambers range?

kathec
13 years ago

Chambers owners, do you have a 2nd oven? If not would you want one if you could?

DH planted the seed in my mind while browsing a big box store the other day. My plan is to use the range oven as the primary oven. The range oven is on the smallish side. I know there's the Thermowell too, but as of now, I don't own the Thermowell baker yet. I do occassionally bake, but I do use the oven almost daily.

The old kitchen was so bad/disfunctional that we almost never invited friends over in the 2 years we've lived here. However, with a newly remodeled kitchen, we will likely start having people over. He thinks we might need to have a small secondary oven.

I did have double ovens in one of my previous houses. We only used the 2nd oven a couple of times in 3 years. BUT, my 3 kids were babies, either nursing or still small eaters. They've obviously grown, so even now our daily meals are larger. Also, we live near family now, which we didn't before.

So, I see his point. What would you do? My kitchen is small, roughly 10'6" by 13'6". The small oven I'd consider is a 24" wide model.

Or for experienced Chambers owners, with the main oven, top broiler and Thermowell, will I even need one?

Thanks for entertaining my TKO questions!

Kathe

Comments (4)