SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mrs_mjt

Should I give up Double Ovens for a range in this layout?

mrs-mjt
15 years ago

Here is the latest layout (although MW may be moved next to Frig - still deciding). I've already purchased Electrolux Icon double ovens (they're beautiful) and a 30" induction cooktop but haven't picked them up yet. I probably won't use the DO frequently (although friends say I'll love them) but when we came across a great deal my dh really pushed to get them. They were a clearance floor model (display only) so they were about half price. I do like the idea of having a cooktop separate from DO because I don't have to stand in front of a hot oven plus they are in the wall which I think I'll like as I get older! I'm also intrigued with induction cooktop and feel totally pampered at the thought of getting one.

BUT, in this new layout I can't help but think that a range in the corner would be much more efficient as it'd give a great work triangle! My current kitchen has sink, range and frig very close together so wondering if I'll regret the DO when I'm cooking potatoes on the cooktop, then have to go over to the DO to check my garlic bread, etc. Am I making a mountain out of a molehill? Am I crazy to even be thinking about nixing the double wall ovens? FYI, I've set up my Baking Center in the area between the pantry and DO (buehl's idea).

If I nix DO, I'd probably buy the Electrolux slide in electric smoothtop range. The cooktop is not induction, but it has a half oven at the bottom.

My practical side also says I'd save $$$ by going with a range although my wonderful dh is not pushing me to go in that direction even though we are over our appliance budget.

So what do you think? I know it is ultimately my decision but you are all so wonderful at helping me see pros and cons that I'd love your input.

Comments (20)