SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annz3

wrong counter edge for my farmhouse sink

annz3
9 years ago

I am updating my kitchen, new counters, sink, painting the cabinets. I ordered a farmhouse sink and White Springs granite. When I went for the final sign off I told the salesclerk I wanted the Dupont edge only on the counter edge. Not the window sill and NOT the inside edge around the farmhouse sink. I didn't think I had to say that but was being safe. I then took her to a slab that was cut for another customer and pointed out the plain edge around the farmhouse sink--I said I want the inside edge like this. OK, she agreed. She did not write this on the final contract. She had overcharged me ($150 for the "free" sink and $200 for the Dupont edge on the window sill) she took those items off. They came with the counter very late on a Fri afternoon and this is what I got--the Dupont edge around the inside of the sink :( The company has offered me $500 off or they will "rip it out and not sell me another counter." The sales clerk says I never mentioned it to her. I think it looks too fancy for what I was trying to do--what do you all think? Thanks for any and all input :) My first attempt at posting--a little trouble here.

Comments (19)