SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andreak100_gw

Making a list...checking it twice

andreak100
10 years ago

So, we are slowly inching toward progress. Our, GC got his more solidly written bid for us finally - still had stuff that we needed him to add/change and I just sent that back to him for revisions. And we have a tentative start date of mid/late July. We really didn't want to do remodeling at that time of year, but that's just how it's happening.

I'm making my list of all the little odds and ends (and not so little ones as well) and I'm getting ready to start placing my order for those things to begin to arrive.

We have:
* the Hafele LeMans unit
* our appliances (which have been sitting at our house in a box now for 9 months since our previous GC/cabinet maker flaked on us)
* appliance lift and shelf
* knife tray for in the drawer

I have a list that's about a mile long to start to purchase and I know that I'm forgetting things. Being about a month out, I think it's time to start getting everything else that we need, right???

Feeling relief that it's about a month away and terrified that we're making mistakes on various things...having had this long to THINK has made me second or even third-guess so many decisions. The other night, I was talking to my DH and I mentioned questioning the fabric for the banquette that we're thinking of using - I've been somewhat leaning toward a faux leather for the seat and fabric for the back cushions and I thought that my husband was going to kill me - he said, "the entire time you've been planning on fabric...now you're thinking of a combination?" Poor guy...he loves me, but I'm sure I'm driving him insane! As we've been going along trying to make this kitchen happen, I think it's true what some say - if a marriage can make it through building a house and/or a major remodel, it can make it through just about anything.

Comments (6)