SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
francoise47

Blank wall above nook: rhinos to wall clocks

francoise47
11 years ago

Hi All,

Everyone gave me such helpful and generous advice last November when I was trying to figure out what to put on the kitchen wall above my breakfast nook that I wanted to let you know what I finally decided to do with the space.

Alas, no rhino heads!

{{!gwi}}

But I did find a wall clock I liked. It took me awhile to find something that didn't seem cloyingly "retro" as so many clocks do these days.

Instead I went with the ubiquitous Roost Numero clock, having given up any hope of being original when I scrapped the idea of mounting the rhino head.

I don't know how it looks in the photos. But "live" it seems to be working because the very neutral clock doesn't compete with the postcards and odds and ends posted below on the magnetic board above the banquette bench. And the large scale fills the wall well and balances out the tall floor to ceiling pantry cabinets on the other side of the doorway.

No doubt there will be a few more changes to the nook before all is settled.

We still are not 100% happy with it.

But it looks like the clock is here to stay.

Thanks for all the advise, even the advise to put a taxidermy marlin on the wall!

Special thanks to those who insisted on a clock.

Here is a link that might be useful: Post from November on the breakfast nook wall

Comments (10)