SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jra2127

Progress pic! Thanks for all the words of wisdom!

15 years ago

Thank you for all of your guys help thus far. My husband is amazed at my knowledge that I have gained from you guys. I'll admit that I try to get away with it being all things I already knew-he's such a good guy and plays along, but he knows better then that.

We have a large DIY project going because we went an extra step and bought unfinished cabinets. It took me two weeks to finish them, which is an amazing feat with 2 boys under 3 years old. With help from my very handy dad, I think that we have gotten pretty far. We have most of our cabinets installed, except for above and next to the fridge (we still have to build a wine cubby cabinet- we couldn't find one that we like that fit). We are past the mess and dust of demolition of the soffits and changing the door to the window. It did take us a while for wiring, I guess in 1960 nothing needed to be plugged in so a kitchen only needed 2 outlets.

Right now we have the old countertop and the old sink mounted to make the kitchen useful. Granite in 2 weeks and 3 day. But we just can't decide on stone. Flooring is in our "holding" room. Backsplash has not been much of a thought yet. Then I figure we will be done with trim and all the little detail by...2010.

before:

Currently:

Note the ceiling fan which I installed, my husband is still scared it is going to crash to the floor.

Thanks for all of the words of wisdom!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths