SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
anele_gw

New LR-- Need Help

anele_gw
11 years ago

We are going to be moving in a few weeks. Photos show furniture of current owner-- not my stuff!

This room will not be used for watching TV. I would like to put a piano (upright or console; will need to buy) in there, and have some seating. The sunroom will be used as a library (bookcases and somewhere to lounge), which is why I do not want the piano in there.

Will:

(1) Pull up carpeting and refinish hardwood

(2) Take down curtains

Ideas for furniture:

(1) Put sofa where current one is; piano would go on wall where black chair is. (No other seating on that side of the room.)

(2) Put sofa along window; piano would go on long wall (where sofa currently is) as would some chairs or loveseat

(3) Put both sofa and piano on long wall; loveseat or chairs would go on short wall near entrance

Whatever chairs I get will have to be purchased since I have nothing petite.

The room is 23 X 11, which is narrow enough-- but that fireplace makes it REALLY narrow. Otherwise, I would try to fit a chair near the sofa (across from the window).

The room has only 2 windows, so I am hesitant to put anything in front of them. The window near the sunroom (where the 2 chairs are) has a vent underneath it, so not a good place for the piano.

I am not in love with the brick fireplace, but don't want to do anything w/it until I have an idea about the paint/color. I do not think painted white/cream would look good given the trim (which will remain unpainted)unless the walls where also white/cream.

Thank you!

Comments (11)