SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
remodelzombie_gw

Sierra Guest House Finish Photos!Will my main house ever be done?

remodelzombie
12 years ago

I'm posting this here in the kitchen forum because this is where I spend most of my time.

Our Mountain Home is our yin from our yang in NYC. This guest house is a 530 sq ft room above our new 2 car garage with a kitchenette, 2 closets and a full bath. We call it the "Casita".

We actually completed the kitchenette portion last fall, but it's taken awhile for me to post. The Casita is where we stay until our fully gutted main house is complete.

We are on year 5 of this renovation after the main house, built in 1980, had some architectural issues and fell 9 inches. It took 2 1/2 years to lift and redo the foundation, another year to build the garage/casita and for all new windows/doors, decks, roof, siding on the main house...beside the challenge of doing all this from 3,000 miles away, there's all the new code issues.

Finally last summer we began the interior of the main house once I had the Casita to stay in....and now you know why I'm the remodel zombie. It's somehow worth it all when we view some of the most beautiful sunsets on earth from our decks.

I resized all of these photos to smaller sizes, but I notice sometimes when i post they go back to the large sizes...so if that happens, I apologize in advance.

Comments (26)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES