SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tammyte

Second Guessing Kitchen Layout

tammyte
9 years ago

I feel really close to final but then keep second guessing things. This is new construction.

I thought I had things pretty much set but when I look at appliances and start questioning what is most cost effective. So right now I am debating on a range and a cooktop/oven. What keeps getting me is the size of the cooktop on a decently priced range. I really think I could use a larger cooktop. But as long as I have a good sized oven, I think I'm probably fine. Right now I have a 30" range with an "oversized" oven. I think it's got one extra rack or something. The oven works fine but the space on the cooktop is always frustrating. It's like working a puzzle trying to get all my pans to sit in the right spot to get heat and not have handles hitting and such. So that got me back to thinking about the separate cooktop and oven.

1. Is there a decently priced option for that set up?
2. Is it workable with my layout?

Then when messing with the layout trying to get a wall oven in I moved the pantry to a corner pantry. Which would be more efficient? If it's in the corner, which way should the pantry door swing? Does it take too much away from the back entry hall?

I was also planning to use the counter space to the right of the range as a spot for crock pots to hang out. Not sure where I would put them now.

Here's the pic with the wall oven and corner pantry.

Thoughts?

Comments (17)