SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bulin

Drum, Bowl, Chandelier? Help please. (Picture Heavy)

bulin
12 years ago

Hi Everyone,

We are in the midst of a DIY kitchen remodel and are nearing the end (I hope). We have used this forum extensively as a key resource during our decision making. Everytime we had a conern/question it seemed to already have been addressed in this forum!

We have basically maintained our perimeter cabinets (a few replacements and refactoring) and have added 2 new islands. The first island replaces the initial island that was the center of our U, with 2 bars tools, and the new second island replaces our kitchen table. We have an adjacent dining room with a table and never used both tables.

We wanted to warm up the kitchen (White/Gray) by adding in some warmer wood islands. We matched the wood islands to our antique mantel in the living room - quarter sawn oak with the same stain.

I'm currently trying to select a light fixture for over the second island.

I have considered traditional breakfast nook downlight chandeliers, fancier chandeliers (such as pottery barn), Urn style lights, bowl lights and drum. We have one center light box and the island is 60x60.

Here is a picture of our kitchen (looking in from the living room):

A view of island from kitchen toward deck:

A view from kitchen toward living room.

Here is the hardware we are going with:

On white perimeter drawers:

On QS Oak Drawers and White Glass Front Cabinets

On all other cabinets:

And here is the Granite

Island Granite

Perimeter Granite

Finally here are some lights that I like:

Drum damask

Drum with Crystals

Simple Bowl

Nook style

Another nook style

Chandelier style - although the thing about these is you can't "dress them down"

and PB chandeliers (same issue with always being dressed up)

{{gwi:1900270}}

Any that you really like or other lights you can think of for this space? I really think it needs to be at least 23" in diameter.

Thanks so much for your help!

Comments (25)