SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rookie_2010

Oven Door opens too close to island :(

13 years ago

I was just wandering around my new build with the tape measure......

So, I just realized that my oven (not installed yet) door is going to open so close to the island that I'll have to stand off to the side of it. The carpenter that was there thought this would be a big problem for me. I'm not so sure because I never reach over the entire oven door in my current kitchen and I have nothing behind me, I just don't like reaching like that for fear I'll burn myself or my clothes. It's a 48 inch range with 2 oven doors so it's not like I'd be reaching across a 36' door from the side.

The aisles created by the island are only slightly wider than the minimum so they're 38 inches. The plumbing isn't set in the island yet so it can be moved. I want to keep it centered so the aisle width is the same on each side but it can be moved about 6-8 inches (parallel with the range) further toward the adjoining breakfast room which would give me full clearance for one of the oven doors.

I have pictures, same old ones, I've posted them here about a million times now and can post them again if it will help and not bore everyone.....

Just when I thought I'd identified and mitigated all of my mistakes....ugh. Anyone have any experience with this type of issue? Thank you in advance for any follow ups, as usual, I value your help tremendously!

Comments (15)