SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smilingjudy_gw

Diverting from original vision... what's your experience?

smilingjudy
15 years ago

Every single kitchen in my inspiration file (on basis of appearance) is a white kitchen with some sort of black countertop. Love the look and it fits well with the "clean classic" look I'm going for with a mix of cottage/glam/modern. I also have a black-and-white bath mere steps from the kitchen in my tiny house so it seems that would provide good flow.

Well, my chosen countertop material (Richlite) now has a GOOOORGEOUS deep chocolate brown color. They're not showing it on their website yet, but this color also has a mottled appearance that changes in the light (versus the very static though beautiful Slate Black).

I am very tempted by the Chocolate Glacier (love that name!) and am kind of freaking out. I need to select flooring quickly and even though both are neutrals that should go with pretty much anything, combos I've tried range from jawdropping to just sort of 'eeehh' depending on which combo. I don't want 'eeehh'.

Not really important to my question, but just wanted to note that brown isn't usually my thing (unless it's clothing). I don't have tan walls and brown/tan stone isn't my favorite. I'm a little stuck on what I would do with the backsplash if I had a brown countertop.

Anyway, (sorry for all that) what is your experience with changing your vision midway? Did you do it? Were you ever tempted? Did you go with your gut or stick to the plan? I know you guys have loads to share on this topic.

Comments (12)